O'lvl results for batch of 2010

Seems like I'm only posting once a year now, haha :)


These are the results of my graduating students from 2010 batch:


1. M - L1R5 10, physics and chem A2. This is a smart boy. Interesting thing is that I've taught his sister a long time ago and they called me to 'boost' up M's score in the last few weeks leading to the O'lvls. Had a very enjoyable time teaching him because he just keeps bombarding me with questions. 

2. K - L1R4 9, L1R5 16. This is a surprise. He isn't the most motivated nor the most hardworking student, so I'm glad that he got the score that is a little surprising on the upside. He's going poly, so the score of 9 points would do very well to get into most courses that he wanted to do. Please please please don't go JC...I don't think he is ready for the brutal and short 2 yrs of JC life.

3. M - L1R5 15, L1R4 10. Got an A2 for emaths. She isn't very motivated to do well in her studies too and wanted to go polytechnic, possibly following her two elder sisters to accountancy. Interesting fact - I've taught all three of the sisters. I always think that if she would just be mildly interested in her work, she can definitely do better. Alas, she got an attention span of a primary school kid.

4. C - B3 for emaths. He is in sec 4, NA steam but taking O'lvl emaths in 2010. He is the top 9 students in his school who got B3 and above, so he's very happy to get the results. I suppose he'll be taking it another time this year in 2011. Usually he gets around just passing marks, so naturally he's very elated. Very happy for him  - this is a very hardworking boy.

5. R - L1R5 6 points. My best student for the batch of 2010. Sometimes I don't know why he needed tuition actually. I'm sure without my help, he would have gone on to get his 6 points anyhow. He is the ONLY guy who beat my O'lvl score of 7 points. It's always the girls who beat or equal me. Most happy for him.

6. A - L1R5 15 points. He had problem with retaining information and applying them on new problems. That's always his problem. I regret not being able to iron out his problem so that he can get a better score. Tried all sorts of ways but to no avail. I warned him not to go JC, but not sure if he'll heed my advice. Or perhaps his parents would over ride that advice. Seriously, not all students are meant for JC. Still, he did his best and get B3 for all his subjects, except for english (A1) and combined humanities (A2). That's a huge improvement from failure and getting passing marks...still, in Singapore's context, it's just not enough.

7. M - L1R5 8 pts, A1 for chemistry. She needed help in chemistry because she was getting B3 all along and needed the extra boost. But being very hardworking, she had finished all that I could have done for her in the buildup to the exams, so I told her not that I won't be coming anymore since there's nothing else to do for her. She should do very well should she go to JC.

8. M - L1R5 14 pts. B3 for chemistry. I was hoping she'll get an A for chemistry but things are not what I've hoped for. Well, 14 points for JC entry isn't exactly good. I feel that she can get a better score, perhaps closer to 10 points.


I've seen some of the O'lvl papers and I must say that the papers are much easier compared to the previous years. So, going by the cycle theory, perhaps 2011 would be tougher. Prepare yourself for it.

0 comments: